Rights of Use:

All images in this blog are the personal work of Megan McFall. Use them by permission only and give credit to their creator.

Friday, December 17, 2010

Newspaper Adds

The final small add
The final large add
The critiqued small add
The critiqued large add



With the newspaper project I was just trying to put together an add campaign. I didn’t feel like I needed to make it about a real group or display what sorts of games they actually played, however my peers saw differently.  They wanted me to stress the sorts of games actually played by my friends; not chess or poker, but Fantasy games.  I took their advice, and you can see the difference it’s made in my adds. 
The characters in the final adds were drawn in Illustrator, the text done in InDesign.  I hadn’t really considered stylizing text so that was also very different after the critique. 
The small add is 1x3 inches, the second is 2x3 inches both to be run once a week for two weeks to fit into my “budget” of $100.  I chose to run long adds because most adds are vertical and I wanted to do something that would theoretically catch the reader’s eye.  The add was never published in the newspaper.
I didn’t really understand what I was doing before the critique, so I am very glad to have been able to have the comments of my peers.  I felt like this add improved a lot after our in-class discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment