Rights of Use:

All images in this blog are the personal work of Megan McFall. Use them by permission only and give credit to their creator.

Friday, December 17, 2010

Direct mail



For my variable data project I decided to look up fun activities and deals Disney World in Florida, USA is holding for guests.  My two demographics were boys or girls around the age of seven.  Each category got a customized postcard with a Disney Princesses cover or a Pirates of the Caribbean cover.  As I only received permission to use the images in class, and not to publish them publicly the images are not on my web page. 
The inside of the card was to be made out to “Her majesty” or “Deck Hand” respectively and in the “quip” section the child was invited to be turned into a princess or pirate by participating in programs offered in the theme parks.
I chose a scrawling script to make the letter look a bit more hand written, yet in print so that early readers could pick out wards in their very own letter to themselves. By putting a picture on the back that may appeal to the audience, and by encouraging the children to get their parents help online, I made them an important part of getting the advertising to work.  Children, even more than mounds of direct mail, can be very convincing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment